Thursday, June 3, 2010

Greetings from Down Under


When I talk about my formative years, I mean the mid-80s. My first crack at poetry editing---at The Berkeley Poetry Review. Soliciting and landing a wonderful suite of poems for The BPR by John Tranter. Meeting him the first and only time while he's passing through the San Francisco/Bay Area. Hanging out with him at AK's. Setting up a reading for him on the Berkeley campus (Seeing Thom Gunn in attendence). Initiating a hard copy correspondence with him when I moved to Spain: Madrid calling on Sydney, Sydney calling on Madrid. Falling in love with his books. Dazed in the Ladies Lounge. Under Berlin. The Floor of Heaven. At The Florida.

And then Jacket.

And then the pleasure of re-connecting almost twenty five years later on his turf:


John Tranter introduces

Francisco Aragon

at University of Western Sydney


Poems and Translations

June 3, 2010



No comments: