Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This and That/Esto y Aquello

Brett Keck, the webmaster at the Institute for Latino Studies (ILS) at the University of Notre Dame, informed me today that Latino Poetry Review (LPR), in its first nine days of official existence, received about 1800 hits. To put that in perspective, the web site for the entire ILS (including LPR), which is fairly sizable with all its units and social science research on the web, etc., received about 3500 hits. In other words, LPR accounted for a little over 50% of the total web traffic of the Institute for Latino Studies' website in the last nine days.

I think it's safe to say that literature, in this case, poetry, is now a viable component of the Institute for Latino Studies---a component that did not exist in 2003 when I came on board.

And yet, there's still much to do.

*

In some comments I posted over at Craig Perez's blog the other day, I suggested that someone reading Letras Latinas Blog might conclude that Latino poetry was my only source of literary interest and nourishment. With that thought still fresh, I decided to finally take advantage of my PEN American membership and create this and this.

My expectation is that most of my blog activity will continue here since Letras Latinas is what takes up most of my time---is my "day job," if you will. But then again, who knows?

No comments: